Famoso TNT - Saturday - February 15th 2014

Here is the place to discuss, announce or advertise local car events or road trips/meetups.

Re: Famoso TNT - Saturday - February 15th 2014

Postby Brakelate » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:59 am

Well, I don't know about the Tampon Warmer, but it does list a Green House Gas Score of "3"! Whatever the hell that means. But, it does have lockers, swaybar disconnect, lower gears, HD Dana Axles front and rear, rock rails and the fancy heated leather seats and the pretty red tow hooks and all that shit.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsti ... G5EL111498

http://www.planetchryslerdodgejeepram.c ... e83688.htm

That is the fancy, top of the line all loaded up model. Quite the mouthful; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Anniversary Edition.

Or, just save $8k plus and go with the more user friendly, romp-happy two door Rubicon in the Commando Green Color with the Six Speed Manual Trans. Found one, way down in Scottsdale, as apparently that is an odd combo. But, it retains more of the fun, off roady, military-ish, wash and wear attitude. Plus, it is a left over '13 model, so they are really trying to move it on me.

I also found a 2 Dr Rubicon with an auto, and the trailer package and all the other goodies as the Commando Green unit, but without the Manual Trans. We really like the "Anvil" color.

http://www.airparkchryslerjeepscottsdal ... 0d8fc4.htm

Right now, I am not sure I can get the mighty Cobra to back out of it's cozy winter storage spot in the garage due to all the ice built up outside the door. It is nestled in there along side the DRZ, with its own little space heater. I've been able to stabilize the floor temp to 43 deg, even during the night that dropped down to 7 Deg outside. I don't want the Cobra to freeze, all my tires to crack and the DRZ"s race only coolant to freeze and pop all it's internal bits. But, I think I have it under control.

Who knows. Maybe just trade in the wife's Dodge 1500 CC Sport 4x4 with the 5.7 on it. But, having the Termi sit around for those rare nice days makes little sense. It would be nice to have more money down on the new vehicle. But, the Cobra is paid for. So, it's impact is pretty minimal. We shall see.
Brakelate
Third Gear

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:26 pm

If you traded in the RAM, what would pull you out when you got stuck?
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Postby Brakelate » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:29 pm

No, no no. I still have the mighty Power Wagon! :banana-stoner:

I was talking about the White '07 that my wife has been using as a kiddie hauler for the last five-plus years. The one with the Chromie 20" pimp (factory) wheels on it.

I am sure you've seen it sitting around the house before.
Brakelate
Third Gear

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Brakelate wrote:No, no no. I still have the mighty Power Wagon! :banana-stoner:

I was talking about the White '07 that my wife has been using as a kiddie hauler for the last five-plus years. The one with the Chromie 20" pimp (factory) wheels on it.

I am sure you've seen it sitting around the house before.

Oh. You have so many toys, I need a scorecard to keep track
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Postby Tetge » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Actually you should sell the Cobra in Salt Lake City or Vegas or one of the southern Arizona towns where there are drag strips. As with the Buick Gran National, the Cobra is a known drag racing fiend and it has added value as such. So, it is worth something on the open market that no Jeep trade in deal is going to come up with. But, seriously, I applaud, and endorse, your decision to get a vehicle that is suited to the environment and conditions that you now reside in. In many ways it is an extension of exactly the same reasoning that led me to get rid of all my bikes other than a simple DRZ. It is well known that SoCal, where you used to live, is the heartland of Mustang ownership, and also the heartland of the motorcycle world. As well, drag racing was born in SoCal. But, in a remote part of Utah, a high performance (or even your) Mustang is wasted. You could drive for months and never even see a worthy street race and the nearest drag strips are hundreds of miles away. And, we all have to admit that all Mustangs are a bit dicey, at best, in the snow, or on ice. So, chalk it up to another great experience that you really enjoyed in the past, and, move on. A nice Jeep would allow yoj to truly expoit the surrounding where you live, even in the winter.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby Brakelate » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Well, I already have the Power Wagon, and the '07 does really well on road and off. Then the Samurai is always up for any real challenge when one wanted to get seriously nutty off road.

Just wonder if I could have my cake and eat it too.

There is just something about the iconic Jeep size, shape and abilities that suit this area. A convertible of some sort would be a huge asset when the weather was good to explore the local Lake shore trails, many national park drives, let alone any trip up North and East. I want to trek up to Wyoming, Colorado, Montana and the like... I have found that I can get around off road in a full size truck. But, cruising Yellowstone in the Spring or back country trails while getting considerably better mpg is attractive. Then again, the top. Maybe not a full canvas convert (I've lived with those before), but the idea of the removable and convenient ability to take the panels of the hard top off individually or as a whole is very attractive. I wish I could have had a sunroof in the Power Wagon. About the only option I missed.

But, parting with the Terminator is a sour pill, even if it just sits. I still miss just walking out in the garage and seeing the 12 or worse yet, that Busa sitting there. Even if I didn't ride it.
Brakelate
Third Gear

Postby Tetge » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:33 am

Over the years I have parted with some motorcycles and cages that I would have kept were I to have been affluent enough to afford it. So, I had to learn to move on without undo remorse, since the alternative would have been to stick with the machine that I was parting with in lieu of whatever new machine I lusted after. Of course, there were other factors as well, such as school and marriage and buying a house, and low paid work, and all of these interfered with accumulating a nice collection of desirable machinery. I confess that I had, and still have, some envy for those that can afford to have collections of fine machinery and, also use the machines. I do not, however, envy those that put machines in glass display cases and simply show them. Machines should be used, and, this is why I sold off my MotoGuzzi, as it would not have cost me anything to keep it. But, I was unable to ride it anymore, so, there was no real point in keeping it. Just an example, and, now and then, I miss that old bike, since it was rare and it had qualities that made it desirable. But, I also miss my Busa and my Cobra, now and then, and there are more as I go back in time. Sometimes current circumstances dictate what you should do, and why fight this?
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby Brakelate » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Tetge wrote: But, I also miss my Busa and my Cobra, now and then, and there are more as I go back in time. Sometimes current circumstances dictate what you should do, and why fight this?

Your endorsement alone makes me second guess the whole thing. It sounds very suspicious and makes me think I need to look at the situation very closely. :lol:
Brakelate
Third Gear

Postby Tetge » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Brakelate wrote:
Tetge wrote: But, I also miss my Busa and my Cobra, now and then, and there are more as I go back in time. Sometimes current circumstances dictate what you should do, and why fight this?

Your endorsement alone makes me second guess the whole thing. It sounds very suspicious and makes me think I need to look at the situation very closely. :lol:

Dude! You can trust me. I am only telling the truth, which is that if you can't use a machine in the manner in which it should be used, perhaps it is time to move on. This truth sometimes brings a bit of sadness and even possible regret now and then, but, for ordinary people who can not afford a large fleet of vehicles, it is something that is dictated by circumstances and needs. Although I always enjoyed driving my Cobra, I have to confess that some of the most memorable rides involved other Mustangs or kills of vile Chevy's. So, what you have to ask, is whether or not there will be Cobra type action where you now live. For, the Cobra is not a particularly good commute car, although it can do it. But, routine wear and tear diminishes its value and its special performance qualities would be going to waste as it added miles to the ODO and ate tires and gas and oil at its usual rate. This equates to wasted $$$$$$$$$.

Would I lie to you?
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:38 pm

My car does not eat oil. Gas, Tires and Clutches? Yes, yes it does. But until it is no longer fun to have, I am keeping it
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

PreviousNext

Return to Local Events and Road Trips