Autocross in Orange County?

Here is the place to discuss, announce or advertise local car events or road trips/meetups.

Autocross in Orange County?

Postby SVTRonDogg » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Anyone know where I can do a little autocross out here?

I know SCCA puts on SOLO events, but I would prefer something a little more laid back. I've seen Porsche owners groups put on events at Camarillo Airport, something like that would be fun for a first timer.
Cobra
GT500
Focus ST
SVTRonDogg
First Gear

Re: Autocross in Orange County?

Postby Brakelate » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Julie's Forum used to post up frequent Auto-X events out there at the airport. But, I haven't heard from her in Nine months or more, and am not sure what that club's calendar was looking like in regards to the continued use of that facility.

It would be fun to come down and do a few hot laps around the lot, then hit El Pescador and a little canyon run there and back. Perhaps squeeze in a Willow Drag event while I was there as well, if all worked out ?

Love to watch you put that feisty little scooter of yours through a fun, tight course. Then let my DSG out to clobber cones immediately following, just to make some noise and scuff in that massive set of DR's I have mounted and ready to go in all four corners.
Brakelate
Third Gear

Postby SVTRonDogg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:30 am

We should plan a big BRAKELATE BLOWOUT BASH after the New Year.

I'm itching to go out and drive stupid without getting shot and arrested. :geek:
Cobra
GT500
Focus ST
SVTRonDogg
First Gear

Postby Brakelate » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:06 pm

SVTRonDogg wrote:
I'm itching to go out and drive stupid without getting shot and arrested. :geek:

Well, that takes away two of the big potential thrills from any "Brakelate Run" right there!

:snooty:
Brakelate
Third Gear

Postby jhwalker » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:56 am

Brakelate wrote:
SVTRonDogg wrote:

Well, that takes away two of the big potential thrills from any "Brakelate Run" right there!

:snooty:

:lol: Sometime soon I am going to need to get some fun miles on the SPF Cobra. Need to see if all of the suspension work did anything for a couple of handling issues. If the creek don't rise, maybe late January. Let me know if you start planning a trip over and I will try to move schedule pieces around.

j
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Return to Local Events and Road Trips