Irwindale - Thursday Dec 13, 2013

Here is the place to discuss, announce or advertise local car events or road trips/meetups.

Irwindale - Thursday Dec 13, 2013

Postby MrCaliKrome » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 am

Anyone from this board heading out to Irwindale?

I'm watching the forecast and it is not looking good as there is a 60% chance of rain.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra Terminator
MrCaliKrome
Noob

Re: Irwindale - Thursday Dec 13, 2013

Postby Tetge » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:54 am

Funny, but, I don't seem to see a Thurs, Dec 13, 2013, anywhere. You running in an alternate universe? But, that aside, one of the things that hard core drag racing addicts always face during the winter, when the DA is always the best, is the possibility of rain. We have all sweated out the weather numerous times. It is even worse when you have laid out money well in advance for a private event that you are really looking forward to.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:36 pm

I can't do Irwindale. I would have to take two vacation days to do it. And then only just get into 3rd gear?
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Postby MrCaliKrome » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Tetge wrote:Funny, but, I don't seem to see a Thurs, Dec 13, 2013, anywhere. You running in an alternate universe?

:sci-fi-grayalien: Thanks for pointing that out. I was way off with the date. I did mean 12/19/13. :shock:

Tetge wrote: But, that aside, one of the things that hard core drag racing addicts always face during the winter, when the DA is always the best, is the possibility of rain. We have all sweated out the weather numerous times. It is even worse when you have laid out money well in advance for a private event that you are really looking forward to.

Based on the radar showing rain right now at Irwindale and the fact the hotline doesn't have a definitive message if they are open, I am just going to have to wait for another day.

I was really looking forward to getting some practice and 60ft times. :sad-bored:
MrCaliKrome
Noob

Postby jhwalker » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:16 pm

MrCaliKrome wrote:
Tetge wrote:Funny, but, I don't seem to see a Thurs, Dec 13, 2013, anywhere. You running in an alternate universe?

:sci-fi-grayalien: Thanks for pointing that out. I was way off with the date. I did mean 12/19/13. :shock:

Tetge wrote: But, that aside, one of the things that hard core drag racing addicts always face during the winter, when the DA is always the best, is the possibility of rain. We have all sweated out the weather numerous times. It is even worse when you have laid out money well in advance for a private event that you are really looking forward to.

Based on the radar showing rain right now at Irwindale and the fact the hotline doesn't have a definitive message if they are open, I am just going to have to wait for another day.

I was really looking forward to getting some practice and 60ft times. :sad-bored:

Hope you can make it. The Dake is a fun time, you may meet other Terminator owners who want to get faster. I never had a bad day at Carlsbad, or LACR, or Famoso (except for when the pricks starting prepping to boot me for running under 11.5 as I signed in), or the 'Dale. For sure I had bad results from time to time, but between the other cars and the entertaining drivers, the chance to practice the CRITICAL skills (I never considered the 3-4 shift and pressing the foot to the floor for what seems like an eternity after running a lot of 11s as critical SKILLS, just requisite activities). Since your tires are the first issue, I would air them down on the first run, and then drop them a couple of lbs at a time. Anyway, good luck, post up!
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby MrCaliKrome » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:48 am

jhwalker wrote:
MrCaliKrome wrote:

Hope you can make it. The Dake is a fun time, you may meet other Terminator owners who want to get faster. I never had a bad day at Carlsbad, or LACR, or Famoso (except for when the pricks starting prepping to boot me for running under 11.5 as I signed in), or the 'Dale. For sure I had bad results from time to time, but between the other cars and the entertaining drivers, the chance to practice the CRITICAL skills (I never considered the 3-4 shift and pressing the foot to the floor for what seems like an eternity after running a lot of 11s as critical SKILLS, just requisite activities). Since your tires are the first issue, I would air them down on the first run, and then drop them a couple of lbs at a time. Anyway, good luck, post up!

Maybe in a couple weeks? I think the "Dale" will be closed until after the new year? Hoping their hotline message will get updated to let me know for sure.
MrCaliKrome
Noob

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Run your Toyo's at the 'Dale. Once you find out they don't launch, get the ET Street DR's
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Postby jhwalker » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:53 pm

You will learn something launching on them. They will not be your strip tires, but it is another learning opportunity. Make use of them all. Play with the pressures. Have fun, that is ALL it is about.
:-D
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Return to Local Events and Road Trips