Speed Ventures Pony Car Challenge 2014

Here is the place to discuss, announce or advertise local car events or road trips/meetups.

Speed Ventures Pony Car Challenge 2014

Postby SVTRonDogg » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Speed Ventures is pleased to announce the launch of the brand new Pony Car Challenge. The Challenge is a time trial competition designed for all American pony and muscle cars (excluding Cadillacs, Corvettes, and certain "supercars"). The first event of the year will take place at Auto Club Speedway on Feb 15 (Saturday). The entire 2014 schedule can be viewed here:

http://svc.speedventures.com/fly.aspx?l ... series=610
Cobra
GT500
Focus ST
SVTRonDogg
First Gear

Re: Speed Ventures Pony Car Challenge 2014

Postby jhwalker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:17 am

Interesting -- the classing seems a little complex, eh? Considering that the driver will be the big difference, some of the rules seem to be hair-splitting.

The dreaded "Drivers may be required to submit to one or more physical examinations by a qualified physician, at the
Drivers’ expense, to determine driver’s fitness to compete in the Pony Car Challenge." Better start exercising :whistle:

Anyone planning to enter?
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Re: Speed Ventures Pony Car Challenge 2014

Postby Tetge » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 am

After reading your post, I scanned the rules and one interesting thing I saw was that a 5.0 Mustang GT is one class higher than the 03-04 Cobra. Having owned both, that seems odd to me. And, of course, all the various other requirements go on and on. But, since it is not something that interests me, I only was curious how well they will do in attracting participants, with all the classes and rules that they have? I guess they expect to succeed so there must be a semi serious group out there that are prepared to enter the event(s). But, I can't imagine why?
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Return to Local Events and Road Trips