NHRA Finals 2014 - I know a guy who knows a guy

Here is the place to discuss, announce or advertise local car events or road trips/meetups.

Re: NHRA Finals 2014 - I know a guy who knows a guy

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Tetge wrote:
03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:
Tetge wrote:John Force lost so the event was a bust. And, it is also amazing what a person can do with photoshop.

Don't hate, hater :?

I suppose the next thing you will be saying is that you still have the '03 Cobra that you got new when they first came out. You wanna talk hating?

I still have the 03 Cobra ordered in April 2002 and delivered early June 2002, and it is still more fun to drive than any newfangled slushbox with all of the fancy screens and tire pressure monitors and such
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Postby jhwalker » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:37 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:
Brakelate wrote:Sweet Green Maverick! :lol:

Oh, you meant the rail in the "Then & Now" shot. VERY cool.

At least you could have cracked a friggen smile in the photo fer Chris's sake! :mrgreen:

I was trying to go for that "Meh, no big deal" look when I was about to wet my pants! Awesome time and really points out the difference between the haves and the have nots. Fortunately, some of the haves are nice people who like to share their good fortune

I really love drag racing

We liked to sit just a little down the track from the launch where the stuff produced by those engines made you think that you might heave... in a good way of course. Well done, John. :clap: :clap: (bastig) :-D
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby Tetge » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:56 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:................it is still more fun to drive than any newfangled slushbox............

You mean, like the slushbox that owns you at the Willow Drags?

phpBB [video]
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby JeromeMach1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:19 pm

That is some sweet hook up there John. Good for you!

Jerome
JeromeMach1
Noob

Postby jhwalker » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:48 pm

JeromeMach1 wrote:That is some sweet hook up there John. Good for you!

Jerome

Hmmm, now we see what it takes to squeeze a post out of Jerome :-D

:whistle:
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Tetge wrote:
03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:................it is still more fun to drive than any newfangled slushbox............

You mean, like the slushbox that owns you at the Willow Drags?

No, I mean the slushbox that gets killed at a real dragstrip
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Postby Tetge » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:30 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:...............No, I mean the slushbox that gets killed at a real dragstrip...........

I can't recall running you side by side at Famoso, so, who can say? The slushbox never goes up in smoke at the hit or misses a shift, or some combo of all those things, so the slushbox could win a side by side race against a car that only has 0.4 sec, at best, on it. Comparing all out PB time slips may not apply due to differing conditions when the respective runs were made, but, the Cobra runs the slusher down something fierce on the top end, even at Willow, so it clearly has the oats, in spadews once it gets traction and is on a roll. Still, it doesn't take much of a stumble to equal things out, and Terminators are tricky to launch.

I may return to Famoso one of these days since I think that the 5.0 has loosened up a bit and I might be able to better my 12.38 ET. But, 11's remain out of the question, as do low 12's. I'd have to win with an amazing RT and some help from the Termi driver. but, as we all know from experience, Famoso can bite Termi's, unless they are driven by David Park, who, it seemed, always ran 11.5's no matter what the track prep or DA.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Dave was a machine, no doubt about that

By the way, I won two bets Sunday predicting that both Ron Capps and Tommy Johnson Jr would go up in smoke when running against Hagan. Now I'm not saying there was a conspiracy, but it was mighty convenient, especially since both Capps and Johnson were running consistently all weekend
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Postby Tetge » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:Dave was a machine, no doubt about that

By the way, I won two bets Sunday predicting that both Ron Capps and Tommy Johnson Jr would go up in smoke when running against Hagan. Now I'm not saying there was a conspiracy, but it was mighty convenient, especially since both Capps and Johnson were running consistently all weekend

Teams obviously have the same ownership and although they always deny that there are team orders, going up in smoke seems to happen. I never would have bet on Capps or Johnson, given the circumstances, so, if you won a bet it must have been from someone who did not know drag racing.

Meanwhile, in the door slammer class there was real maneuvering during qualifying to try to get Jason's team cars to run Erica, by qualifying 16th, but, it fell apart toward the end, so Jason's two team mates just ran their cars out in Q4. And, as it turns out, Erica was too good for them all anyway, although she annoys me personally during her interviews. But, I have to admit that she can drive, and the race where she and her opponent both got perfect 000 RT's was something that you don't see too often.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:13 pm

I find her annoying too. And the rest of the bible thumpers as well. But I am willing to cut her a little slack considering what she had to tolerate from the guys in Pro Stock with comments about being in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant and other crap. Greg Anderson was one of the worst

I have to give a lot of credit to Alan Johnson for being a gentleman and taking her under his wing. Classy guy

Competition in the class was tight all year, but I think if Erica had had the funds to run all of the events, the points race would have not been as close. Elite has a really good engine program, that much is evident

And I used to hat Pro Stock because the same two rednecks won every week and that was boring. Seeing the 'Necks get beat by a girl is fun, just to watch them gag on it
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

PreviousNext

Return to Local Events and Road Trips