2015 Willow Springs Drags

Here is the place to discuss, announce or advertise local car events or road trips/meetups.

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Tetge wrote:
03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:
Tetge wrote:Pretty amazing that water ever was near your engine. Wouldn't that have smeared the dirt? But, I am impressed with you skills as a mechanic. Hopefully the COPS are not rusted or shorted out as I have seen some pretty nasty ones of those.

How soon before you report on the success of your repair? I need advance notice to change my tires and fill my nitrous bottle if I am hitting WIllow soon.

I need a couple of COPS I think. The two that had water in them may have been damaged. The miss is still there

Update tomorrow


I anticipated that, having seen COPS damaged by water previously. And, as windy as it is, I am also wondering about Willow this Saturday. Due to the drought and nasty winds, there has been a lot more dirt in the air than usual. And, if it is real windy, Willow could be a waste of time, and even, unpleasant. But, it is only Tues., so who knows as the wind did die down during a couple of that past 30 days. Of course, I could drive up there on street tires and be a sheep. But, I think not, since sheep finish last, and it never fails that if one is a sheep, that will be the night that a perfect victim shows up (you can pick them out of the crowd as their vehicles are sonic blue without exception).


Tetge

1.Change your tires
2.Fill your Nitrous Bottle
3.Pack your lunch
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 10:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby Tetge » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:38 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:..............
1.Change your tires
2.Fill your Nitrous Bottle
3.Pack your lunch
...........


Why? Is someone fast going to show? They all got nothing if they have a street driven vehicle. I was thinking of not changing tires and leaving the nannies engaged and starting in 3nd gear and just doing the Powerglide thing to give them a chance.

Were you able to find some COPS?
User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:27 pm

NAPA Know How
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 10:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby Tetge » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:41 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:NAPA Know How


This is all superficial. They changed the color of the small 375, B&B, bottle to a darker brown. I had to test to make sure that the contents had not changed, and I am pleased to announce that they were still the same. But, in the process of testing, both of the bottles that I got at Traders for $13.99 each got consumed.

Now, that is a serious disaster along side of which, COPS and drag racing, loses any significance.
User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:25 am

Forecast for Saturday @ 7 PM for Willow Springs is 77 degrees with winds WSW at 15 MPH
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 10:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:05 pm

So, edison is replacing poles near my house, and managed to take down cable for the area without killing power. Now that cable has been restored, I must crush Tetge. Picture is of a program I use, current speed is measured in Megabytes per second. 22 MB/S
Attachments
Leech Speed.jpg
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 10:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby Tetge » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:25 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:So, edison is replacing poles near my house, and managed to take down cable for the area without killing power. Now that cable has been restored, I must crush Tetge. Picture is of a program I use, current speed is measured in Megabytes per second. 22 MB/S


I need to use the same program. But on the right top is says max = 12.5MB/S ? So? Not that it matters since my service crawls, although it has stayed up very well during the time that I have had it.

It is the capped upload speed that I hate as it takes a long time to upload an HD video to youtube. But, here is a speed test I just made and, I was crushed, as usual.
Attachments
Speed.JPG
Speed.JPG (17.11 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
Last edited by Tetge on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby jhwalker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Remind me again why the speed is valuable to you guys? Are you gaming? Using incredible web resources? Downloading vids that will never be watched?

I ask seriously, not as a wise ass. I could take steps to improve my 2 mb download service if I knew a reason to do so. If my life would improved :-D
jhwalker
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby Tetge » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:54 pm

jhwalker wrote:Remind me again why the speed is valuable to you guys? Are you gaming? Using incredible web resources? Downloading vids that will never be watched?

I ask seriously, not as a wise ass. I could take steps to improve my 2 mb download service if I knew a reason to do so. If my life would improved :-D


Fast does not need a reason, and I am sure that you know this. It is nice, however, to get Linux distros downloaded quickly along with Windows updates and virus defs and the like. It also helps when viewing youtube videos, and the like, if youtube has not choked their feed down. As far as simple browsing goes, one doesn't need a lot of speed.

But once you have tasted speed..................
User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: 2015 Willow Springs Drags

Postby jhwalker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Tetge wrote:
jhwalker wrote:Remind me again why the speed is valuable to you guys? Are you gaming? Using incredible web resources? Downloading vids that will never be watched?

I ask seriously, not as a wise ass. I could take steps to improve my 2 mb download service if I knew a reason to do so. If my life would improved :-D


Fast does not need a reason, and I am sure that you know this. It is nice, however, to get Linux distros downloaded quickly along with Windows updates and virus defs and the like. It also helps when viewing youtube videos, and the like, if youtube has not choked their feed down. As far as simple browsing goes, one doesn't need a lot of speed.

But once you have tasted speed..................


So I have to watch youtube vids speeded up? They run fine, no pauses. I think you guys have issues (technical issues) that I don't have. Maybe a Mexican 2mb functions like a Palmdale 12 mb... My windows updates are instantaneous. 8-)
jhwalker
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 16 times

PreviousNext

Return to Local Events and Road Trips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron