Isle of Man --- 2014

Two wheels are sometimes better than four! Here's the place to talk about bikes, gear, tech, rides and more!
jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by jhwalker » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 am

Some of us have been talking about attending the Isle of Man TT in 2014 as a group. The event is held every year during the last week of May and 1st Week of June. Of course we would have to rent cycles on the one or two days when they open it up for the idiots... :auto-biker:

There is research being done on various ways to attend, various costs. This is something that I have always wanted to do, and something always came up (usually a lack of funds). If the creek don't rise, it will happen next year. Terri is good for it if I have the back yard finished by then. ;)

If you have interest, post. Here is one of the many, many clips on the event. This one is short and interesting.

phpBB [video]


James

User avatar
xjrguy
Site Admin
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:14 am
Location: The Garage
Contact:

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by xjrguy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 am

This looks and sounds like an amazing trip.

It's too bad they don't have a motorcycle (or Jetski) race on Bora Bora.
2015 Prius Five
2016 Challenger Hellcat
2016 Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited AEV Upgrades
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe 460/C6
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS with some farkles

User avatar
the1904kid
Noob
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by the1904kid » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:52 am

Subscribing...I've started looking into package deals that help get you to the island and getting you set up. I might go the rugged route and camp out at one of the many sites they have set up. Especially because I'm poor. :roll:
2006 CRF450R Supermoto
2004 CRF450R Dirt/Desert Machine
2007 DRZ400SM Streetard

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by jhwalker » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 am

the1904kid wrote:Subscribing...I've started looking into package deals that help get you to the island and getting you set up. I might go the rugged route and camp out at one of the many sites they have set up. Especially because I'm poor. :roll:
Cool. We can publish up what we are finding so others will know. After this year's project down here, I might be poor too. :whistle:

User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2408
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by Tetge » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 pm

I hope that all you rich folks take your GoPros and other cameras with you and that you post good pics and accounts of the experience.

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by jhwalker » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 am

Tetge wrote:I hope that all you rich folks take your GoPros and other cameras with you and that you post good pics and accounts of the experience.
We will be scrimping and scraping for over a year to attend this event. I mean, just yesterday I bought a cheaper blanco tequila as the first sacrifice :angelic-sunshine:

User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2408
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by Tetge » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:23 am

jhwalker wrote:
Tetge wrote:I hope that all you rich folks take your GoPros and other cameras with you and that you post good pics and accounts of the experience.
We will be scrimping and scraping for over a year to attend this event. I mean, just yesterday I bought a cheaper blanco tequila as the first sacrifice :angelic-sunshine:
Tequila is not really cheap until you buy it as they are making it and decanting it into old used fuel drums........

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by jhwalker » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:04 am

Tetge wrote:
jhwalker wrote:
Tetge wrote:I hope that all you rich folks take your GoPros and other cameras with you and that you post good pics and accounts of the experience.
We will be scrimping and scraping for over a year to attend this event. I mean, just yesterday I bought a cheaper blanco tequila as the first sacrifice :angelic-sunshine:
Tequila is not really cheap until you buy it as they are making it and decanting it into old used fuel drums........
I drink mostly "the people's tequila" here. El Jimador blanco -- $7 for a liter. Not bad, 'cause it tastes good. :-)

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by jhwalker » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:23 pm

jhwalker wrote:Some of us have been talking about attending the Isle of Man TT in 2014 as a group. The event is held every year during the last week of May and 1st Week of June. Of course we would have to rent cycles on the one or two days when they open it up for the idiots... :auto-biker:

There is research being done on various ways to attend, various costs. This is something that I have always wanted to do, and something always came up (usually a lack of funds). If the creek don't rise, it will happen next year. Terri is good for it if I have the back yard finished by then. ;)

If you have interest, post. Here is one of the many, many clips on the event. This one is short and interesting.

phpBB [video]


James
The 2014 Isle of Man goes back to the wish list. :doh:

With one new grandchild in Colorado and another scheduled to be popped in March in Idaho -- and Terri informing me of her travel plans to see each multiple times next year, something had to give. The Isle gave... :(

I can find nothing good to say about it, except it is the truth.

:(

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: Isle of Man --- 2014

Post by jhwalker » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:09 pm

jhwalker wrote:Some of us have been talking about attending the Isle of Man TT in 2014 as a group. The event is held every year during the last week of May and 1st Week of June. Of course we would have to rent cycles on the one or two days when they open it up for the idiots... :auto-biker:

There is research being done on various ways to attend, various costs. This is something that I have always wanted to do, and something always came up (usually a lack of funds). If the creek don't rise, it will happen next year. Terri is good for it if I have the back yard finished by then. ;)

If you have interest, post. Here is one of the many, many clips on the event. This one is short and interesting.

phpBB [video]


James
This dog did not hunt last time. But, tonight at a San Miguel little party of motorcyclists, one of the other geezers mentioned to me that a couple of them go to the August-Sept http://www.iomttbreaks.com/events/class ... race-guide This guy and his wife have been going to one of the Isle of Man sessions since 1989. So, we are going to study the schedule -- not sure if THIS is the year, since I am smoking thru the fun money with the Scrambler. It will good to not have to figure it all out from scratch.

Post Reply

Return to “Motorcycles, Ride Planning and Two Wheel News”