Happy Birthday Jay! And Happy New Year Thread!!

Here is the forum to discuss all things non automotive. Suggestions for subforums are welcome!

Happy Birthday Jay! And Happy New Year Thread!!

Postby SVTRonDogg » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:57 pm

Happy Birthday to our buddy Brakelate!!! :dance: :-D :mrgreen:

Happy New Year everyone!!
Cobra
GT500
Focus ST
SVTRonDogg
First Gear

Re: Happy Birthday Jay! And Happy New Year Thread!!

Postby jhwalker » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:17 am

:clap: Young Jay, growing up. :-D Happy happy b-day.

And Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2015 will be as much fun for me and my family as 2014 was. :-D

And 2015 -- :doh: -- some of the same old resolutions. Improve my table tennis game. Drink less, get in better shape (get the walk/run in 3 times a week), stop tinkering all of the time with things that don't really need to be changed (right after getting the new blower on the SPF), spend a little more time driving the SPF in the USA (only got 2 weeks of driving in 2014). Start and finish our back yard here in Mexico! This has been 3 years in the planning stage...

Modest and simple goals. Oh yes, stop pretending that I am willing to take a consulting job when I am really not. As I approach 10 years since actually performing any significant work, I wouldn't last a day in a structured environment.

Wish you all a good 2015.
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby SonicVenum » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:47 am

Happy belated b-day to Jay! And happy new year to everybody! :dance:
SonicVenum
Second Gear

Postby Brakelate » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Happy New Year everybody! Man... been a long time since the "Good Ol SoCal-T" days. Or so it seems. Amazing this crazy mixed up group met, mingled and stuck together for a minute, let alone this long!!!

:lol:

Gives me hope that there are at least some good people left in the world. :ugeek:
Brakelate
Third Gear

Postby jhwalker » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Well, for the first time since moving to Mexico, today I played a long table tennis match and did not win. I did not lose either, but we tied - 8 games each. Our agreement was that to WIN you had to win by 2 games. It was late in a 4 hour session of general playing, and the other guy (a 50+ player) and I both decided that we were pooped, neither had the energy to drive to the 2 game lead. This could be the beginning of the end. :shock: The word will get out that I am vulnerable. :doh:

Last weekend a "playa" and his group of supporters (this guy was a US tv producer) showed up at my house (after calling first) prepared to play for money. He was a mid-30s guy, good but not great game so I gave him a spanking and sent them all home. No money changed hands. It takes the fun out.

I am playing too many close games for comfort. I think old age is kicking in. :doh:
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby xjrguy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Happy happy birthday Jay and a happy 2015 to everyone!!
2015 Prius Five
2016 Challenger Hellcat
2016 Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited AEV Upgrades
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe 460/C6
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS with some farkles
xjrguy
Site Admin

Postby Tetge » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:33 am

Brakelate wrote:Happy New Year everybody! Man... been a long time since the "Good Ol SoCal-T" days. Or so it seems. Amazing this crazy mixed up group met, mingled and stuck together for a minute, let alone this long!!!

:lol:

Gives me hope that there are at least some good people left in the world. :ugeek:

I saw an old quarterback play for Denver today and, age does catch up with one and all. However, you should be pleased that you have someone there who you can't beat easily as those are the best possible games. And, at your age, you don't have to worry as you can always use the old, I am in my 70's line on them.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Return to General Discussions Unrelated to Cars and Motorsports