Oops. I have a fractured vertebrae.

Here is the forum to discuss all things non automotive. Suggestions for subforums are welcome!

Re: Oops. I have a fractured vertebrae.

Postby xbacksideslider » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Enjoyed that.
xbacksideslider
First Gear

Postby Tetge » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:21 pm

About 20 years ago, and old friend who I used to play basketball with and I decided to have a little game of 1 on 1 on my court. We called the game off after about 15 points combined to avoid certain heart attacks. I have not played since. A few years later, I played Mr. Walker at table tennis at his house, and I am still crippled to this day as a consequence. And, he'd been drinking, but, he still toyed with me and kicked my butt. It was brutal.

In short, there are some who hold up well and can still do vigorous physical activities at an age when some of their age group can barely walk. So, hat's off to jhwalker, as it is quite impressive that he can do the kinds of things he does at his age. I, on the other hand, brag if I can hobble down and check to see if I got any mail. And, a successful trip to Costco counts the as if I swam the English Channel.

But, where is the video and how do those wheels with spokes use tubeless tires?
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:26 am

Tetge wrote:About 20 years ago, and old friend who I used to play basketball with and I decided to have a little game of 1 on 1 on my court. We called the game off after about 15 points combined to avoid certain heart attacks. I have not played since. A few years later, I played Mr. Walker at table tennis at his house, and I am still crippled to this day as a consequence. And, he'd been drinking, but, he still toyed with me and kicked my butt. It was brutal.

In short, there are some who hold up well and can still do vigorous physical activities at an age when some of their age group can barely walk. So, hat's off to jhwalker, as it is quite impressive that he can do the kinds of things he does at his age. I, on the other hand, brag if I can hobble down and check to see if I got any mail. And, a successful trip to Costco counts the as if I swam the English Channel.

But, where is the video and how do those wheels with spokes use tubeless tires?

There might be a short vid out there. Terri and her sister came over to watch the carnage and catcall. She said after the game, why did you even bother to play. Terri has been watching me play since the week we met, 36 years ago. She has seen ups and downs. The last year I played city league ball at age 45, the fact that I sponsored the team might have had something to do with the me still starting. :whistle: I will see if there is vid. It will at least confirm that the "big guy" was not actually smaller than I :-D The mind does play tricks.
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:15 am

I found a couple of short vids. I will upload today. I sort of look lost, wandering around trying to not get hurt, but it is what it is. No confirmation of the pounding that I took, but the big guy was big, and "our" Japanese big guy was skinny. And after I shoot I was yelling "brick". :doh:

https://youtu.be/9uG3F4Jo9M8

https://youtu.be/Z7Mybaj3cAU

Pathetic. But fun.
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby Tetge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:43 am

jhwalker wrote:I found a couple of short vids. I will upload today. I sort of look lost, wandering around trying to not get hurt, but it is what it is. No confirmation of the pounding that I took, but the big guy was big, and "our" Japanese big guy was skinny. And after I shoot I was yelling "brick". :doh:

Pathetic. But fun.

I like the high tech basketball shoes that you were wearing.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:34 am

Tetge wrote:
jhwalker wrote:I found a couple of short vids. I will upload today. I sort of look lost, wandering around trying to not get hurt, but it is what it is. No confirmation of the pounding that I took, but the big guy was big, and "our" Japanese big guy was skinny. And after I shoot I was yelling "brick". :doh:

Pathetic. But fun.

I like the high tech basketball shoes that you were wearing.

I pulled out all the stops! :whistle:
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby SonicVenum » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:05 pm

:lol: The sandals!! Wtf, James???
SonicVenum
Second Gear

Postby jhwalker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:42 pm

SonicVenum wrote::lol: The sandals!! Wtf, James???

The other 2 options were cowboy boots, or Pikolinos soft leather mocs... Plus, Terri said "he won't be able to do anything in sandals " as she was giving permission for me to join the game --- she has a say after listening to me bitch and cry like a baby earlier this year. :lol:
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby Tetge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:08 pm

My best thought is that you had been drinking.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Tetge wrote:My best thought is that you had been drinking.

This was a "no alcohol" event :shock: And I had no flask for tequila handy. 8-)
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions Unrelated to Cars and Motorsports