Oops. I have a fractured vertebrae.

Here is the forum to discuss all things non automotive. Suggestions for subforums are welcome!

Re: Oops. I have a fractured vertebrae.

Postby jhwalker » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:50 pm

I decided that I had no vertical lift in that game, so I decided that since I survived, I would kick up the exercise again. Today I started hitting the mtn bike again. The way our property sits, a person rides up and then down, or down and then up. I started down a road and a little birdie said "don't go too far" so I turned around and came back up the steep hill after a couple of minutes down and it took me 10 minutes to get back up. My goal is, this month, to be able to get down the hill (1.6 km) and then back up without stopping. Riding down the cobblestones when they are wet is a challenge, and coming back up you have to balance to not wheelie, and not spin the back tire. A couple of spots are steep. I suck. No wind, no strength. :doh: The 6700 ft altitude does not help, but I just have been shirking.

Juan, you always have an exercise program going, what are you up to? Anyone else mtn biking?
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:45 pm

So, two weeks later, after mountain biking 3 days a week, kicking up the floor exercise, walking around the hilly San Miguel de Allende, guess what -- I can barely friggin move. What BS :doh: It was all feeling great and then yesterday I felt a twinge in the morning, after the mtn bike ride, and then later in the day I was in pain. Bleep me. I said I would ignore it but it hurts too much. Not the vertebrae, but sort of like a form of sciatica.
BS is all I can say. I will take a day off.
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:45 pm

duplicate .
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby SonicVenum » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:17 am

Hope you get better soon. You should probably ignore your typical, James urges, and take it easy for longer than a day.
SonicVenum
Second Gear

Postby jhwalker » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:29 am

SonicVenum wrote:Hope you get better soon. You should probably ignore your typical, James urges, and take it easy for longer than a day.

Today will be two days off. :whistle: But I will take it easy on the mountain bike tomorrow and in general cool my jets.
I feel a ton better today...
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby SonicVenum » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Good to hear! Keep it up. :clap:
SonicVenum
Second Gear

Postby jhwalker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:51 am

Holy poop balls, I'm falling apart! Gonna get a melanoma removed from my back this Saturday. They wanted to do it ASAP, which works for me since
I need to start that drive in the SPF on August 31. Dammit, I had planned to tee off at 7:45am and instead they are going to tee off on me :doh:
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby SonicVenum » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Maybe you're lacking in gin? It seems to work for the Sage Wizard of the Valley of Antelopes! :-D

But seriously, I hope they get it all, and you're good to go. That stuff can be scary. My bride's family (the white side) has had issues with that.
SonicVenum
Second Gear

Postby jhwalker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:19 pm

SonicVenum wrote:Maybe you're lacking in gin? It seems to work for the Sage Wizard of the Valley of Antelopes! :-D

But seriously, I hope they get it all, and you're good to go. That stuff can be scary. My bride's family (the white side) has had issues with that.

The challenge was to figure out just when to do it. I drive on 8/31, returning to Mexico 9/8 or 9/9 (I hope) and our charity tourney is 9/18 and the doc says no way in hell can I do a full swing a week after the scooping out of the little pos..

So 3 hours of table tennis tomorrow, followed by a good motorcycle ride, golf Friday morning, surgery Saturday morning, avoid back workouts next week and ROCK and ROLL. I thought tequila was the medicine, I refuse to touch that gin stuff. :-D
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K217rguXSXI

They cut a little more than I expected. :shock:

I asked the surgeon if he would cross-stitch it to help insure that I don't pull the stitches out, he responded "it doesn't work that way".
Attachments
FullSizeRender (2).jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg (24.9 KiB) Viewed 2513 times
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions Unrelated to Cars and Motorsports