The "final" project on the Mexico property

Here is the forum to discuss all things non automotive. Suggestions for subforums are welcome!

Re: The "final" project on the Mexico property

Postby jhwalker » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:02 am

Here are a couple of better pics...

Next Tuesday, the pool rebar pros are supposed to install the rebar so we can pour Wednesday. All of the pool equipment is here in the garage, the new solar system is here in the garage. Push push push. still trying for 12/15 "completion". I may have to redefine completion... :lol:
Attachments
IMG_2046.JPG
IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2038.JPG
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:29 am

The supervisor was observing from outside her office, and here are a couple of pics that I snapped this morning because it was a pretty morning and the plants were looking good.
Attachments
IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2043.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby Tetge » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:55 pm

I just realized that your place has a lot of stairs to fall down when you have too much tequila. It'd be a workout to live there unless you installed an elevator.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:15 pm

We ARE adding a couple of guard rails where a drunken sot (JW) could kill himself. The backyard slope down to the far wall is about 36 feet, East to West, and about 15 feet North to South. So we do have 36 feet of stairs in the yard and another 8-10 feet from the back porch down to level 1.
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:19 am

The team started pouring the pool this morning. The mixer has an engine, but is loaded manually and then the guys run buckets of cement over to the pool...

:clap: They started at 7:30 am, will be done sometime this afternoon. Here is one of several short vids I took.

https://youtu.be/YH62NNiPa5I
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:53 pm

It was a big day on the project. We are running water into the pool tonight. Just to season the bottom two feet of the cement before they start tiling.

Luis the builder confessed the obvious which is that the 12/13 date cannot be achieved -- something that we have known for about 5 weeks unless some miracle occurred. His plan to make a baby in 1 month by using 9 women just did not happen. 8-) But things are progressing nicely and it will be pretty. Probably not as pretty as the Bell Canyon pool, but we never expected that kind of look.

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow. Next week the last of the infrastructure should fall into place and then a couple of weeks of fine tuning will occur after that.
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby 03_SONIC_BLUR » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:15 am

Someday, the pony express will arrive in Mexico, and news that a concrete pump has been invented will be met with wonder by some and derision by the folks earning a living doing manual labor
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Postby jhwalker » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:09 am

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:Someday, the pony express will arrive in Mexico, and news that a concrete pump has been invented will be met with wonder by some and derision by the folks earning a living doing manual labor
03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:Someday, the pony express will arrive in Mexico, and news that a concrete pump has been invented will be met with wonder by some and derision by the folks earning a living doing manual labor

They use the pumps for commercial and large homes, but this is a campo project. The builder is working for his profit, and this is the way that he makes the most money and is most comfortable with the end project. But it is fun to watch. :-D These workers are making, maybe, $12 a day. 2/3 day each, for the 10 involved. Cheeep.
The big machines charge travel time, move slowly, and would take 1-2 hours to get here. I tried to beat that this year by having a big machine delivered on a flatbed and it couldn't make it up the steep hill to the casa, and had blocked the road in process of finding that out. :lol:
I now just do fixed-price projects and let the locals figure out how to make a profit from ridiculously-priced projects.

There is humor every day here. :whistle:

Luis, the builder, took a big step forward by renting that red mixer -- most of the other concrete structures have been made with the little volcano-looking piles of cement with the open center, water and sand poured in, and slopped into a bucket. :-D
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby jhwalker » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:28 pm

jhwalker wrote:
The attachment 2015 HOA approval 4.jpg is no longer available
The attachment 2015 HOA approval 4.jpg is no longer available
The attachment 2015 HOA approval 3.jpg is no longer available
The attachment 2015 HOA approval 3.jpg is no longer available
After knowing for a couple of years what we want to do with our back yard, we pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago. The goal is to have this project competed by 12/15. All serious work ceases here on 12/16 until after 1/1. :cry:

The project is going to cover about 4800 sq feet. 60x80. Because of the slope of the land, we are cutting 3 terraces, putting in a modest pool, a little logia, just a bit of stuff. This is the end. No more. Well, maybe a little shrine up on the hill where sins can be confessed and forgiven. 8-)

A little rock wall will surround the 4800 sq feet. I have attached two items that show what is happening. The back yard is destroyed right now...

We are wrapping up I will post more pics tomorrow
Attachments
IMG_2408.JPG
IMG_2406.JPG
jhwalker
Fourth Gear

Postby xbacksideslider » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:51 am

Gotta have a pool in sunny Mexico!
xbacksideslider
First Gear

PreviousNext