How to embed videos here

Anything goes. There are no rules here. Self policed and basically all holds barred. Expect not safe for work threads, nudity, explicit language and possibly hurt feelings!

Re: How to embed videos here

Postby Tetge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:50 am

It seems that the software wants the video put up as the first or perhaps only entry in the post. When I hit the video button and only showed the youtube link with no other text it worked.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby Tetge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:54 am

I went back and checked and I inserted the link in the wrong spot the time it didn't work. I edited it so the [video] showed on each end of the link and then it worked. I initially had [video, and then the link, followed by ][video], which, of course, did not work. So, one has to be careful. But, it is good.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby xjrguy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:56 am

Tetge wrote:I went back and checked and I inserted the link in the wrong spot the time it didn't work. I edited it so the [video] showed on each end of the link and then it worked. I initially had [video, and then the link, followed by ][video], which, of course, did not work. So, one has to be careful. But, it is good.

Hi,

This is how the embedding works:

[video]the pasted link has to be in here[/video]
2015 Prius Five
2016 Challenger Hellcat
2016 Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited AEV Upgrades
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe 460/C6
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS with some farkles
xjrguy
Site Admin

Postby Tetge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 am

xjrguy wrote:
Tetge wrote:I went back and checked and I inserted the link in the wrong spot the time it didn't work. I edited it so the [video] showed on each end of the link and then it worked. I initially had [video, and then the link, followed by ][video], which, of course, did not work. So, one has to be careful. But, it is good.

Hi,

This is how the embedding works:

[video]the pasted link has to be in here[/video]

Yes, and, when you click the video button the cursor seems to be in the correct position so that if you paste it will come out correctly. But, in spite of that, I managed to paste the url incorrectly. Who knows how? Perhaps it was those Margaritas?
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby the1904kid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:51 am

Cool! now I need to get a new GoPro since I lost mine in the desert. I have been missing out on a lot of good crash footage! :oops: :cry:
2006 CRF450R Supermoto
2004 CRF450R Dirt/Desert Machine
2007 DRZ400SM Streetard
the1904kid
Noob

Previous

Return to Romper Room (Off topic, Kill Stories, Etc)