New Board Software

Discussions specifically relating to the operation of this forum, suggestions, problems, etc.
xjrguy
Site Admin

Re: New Board Software

Post by xjrguy »

Cool. Well I am always about making this a better place.

Nice thing about PHPBB is that its infinitely customizable. There are also extensions that are written by 3rd parties that add functionality too.

Everybody used to love vbulletin but it sucks trying to upgrade that (from what I've read)

We took a 10 year old board and updated it straight to latest build without any issues. Open source is great stuff.
2022 Subaru Ascent Touring
2022 Subaru WRX GT
2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness
2023 Subaru BRZ Limited
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe 460/C6
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS with some farkles

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

It displays full screen again, which I always prefer if available as it makes sense to me to use all the real estate of a monitor. I don't even like docks and side menus that cover the available screen, and, those with tons of icons on their desktops as well, in many cases, tons of downloaded files, and who never maximize windows when viewing them, still befuddle me. I am always surprised that they don't tape cardboard strips to each side of their TV screen to make the viewable display smaller.

But, what do I know other than the board is still appreciated and it looks good displayed on my screen.

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

The board is still up and working, allowing a massive post count on Oct 20, 2019.

Return to “LA Speed Garage Discussions and Announcements”