My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Discussions specifically relating to the operation of this forum, suggestions, problems, etc.
03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 11:39 am

My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by 03_SONIC_BLUR » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:38 pm

Every time I open my garage door today and head up the hill to work on the Cobra, it starts raining. Happened twice so far. First time, I opened the door, went back inside the house to get my spare clutch cable, went back outside and it was raining

Second time, I get outside and have the hood opened, the adjuster loosened and am getting the socket to remove the seat, it starts raining again

Close everything up and hope it stops again

Weird

User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2408
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by Tetge » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:01 pm

03_SONIC_BLUR wrote:Every time I open my garage door today and head up the hill to work on the Cobra, it starts raining. Happened twice so far. First time, I opened the door, went back inside the house to get my spare clutch cable, went back outside and it was raining

Second time, I get outside and have the hood opened, the adjuster loosened and am getting the socket to remove the seat, it starts raining again

Close everything up and hope it stops again

Weird
What is this rain that you speak of? Some new car care product? Why should it stop you from working on your Cobra?

And, I have news for you. You do not have to remove the seat to adjust the clutch or replace the clutch cable. You better check the manual again, because the last time I looked it clearly said "Get P Machy (aka, wineoo) and he will replace and/or adjust the clutch without you even breaking a sweat". Of course, I have no stinking clutch cable to be concerned with in my 5.0 slug. For that matter I do not even have throttle and cruise control cables (yes there are two different cables). But, I haven't forgotten the drill.

User avatar
Brakelate
Third Gear
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:44 am
Location: UT / AZ Border overlooking Lake Powell

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by Brakelate » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Odd. You get RAIN? Mine triggers blowing sand storms and explosive bowel movements. Maybe I need to change the batteries? :shock:

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2870
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by jhwalker » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Brakelate wrote:Odd. You get RAIN? Mine triggers blowing sand storms and explosive bowel movements. Maybe I need to change the batteries? :shock:
We get rain in Central Mexico. We had 27 inches last year, up from 16 inches the year before. My water capture cisterna is still almost full, and it will start raining again in 5 months.
I would say I like the rain but it turns the packed tepetate roads into donkey snot. Great for sliding on the Suzuki, but very hard to stay upright.

Totally off topic (I'm sure you will not mind, Brakelate) I just (re)watched Gran Torino. Clearly better the 2nd time around. And that Gran Torino is bitchin. I'd bang it.

I have NO life. Terri went back to the USA. New Years day for christ's sake. Says she might return in April.
Bite me. But back on topic. That is cool, Brakelate. :clap: I'm not bitter. :doh:

User avatar
Brakelate
Third Gear
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:44 am
Location: UT / AZ Border overlooking Lake Powell

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by Brakelate » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:33 am

:shifty:

Don't be bitter. What about again?

I am headed to the dentist. Arghhh :x

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2870
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by jhwalker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:03 am

Brakelate wrote::shifty:

Don't be bitter. What about again?

I am headed to the dentist. Arghhh :x
My missing wife! :evil: My lack of life :doh:

However, my last dental checkup was perfect... :-D

User avatar
Brakelate
Third Gear
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:44 am
Location: UT / AZ Border overlooking Lake Powell

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by Brakelate » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:03 am

Oh. Yeah. :?


Well, at least your dental work is perfect! :dance:

Any word on that damn bike deal????

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2870
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by jhwalker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:18 am

Brakelate wrote:Oh. Yeah. :?


Well, at least your dental work is perfect! :dance:

Any word on that damn bike deal????
The seller was talked into keeping them by his son. He ordered some stuff to lower one of them a couple of inches.

Just as well, I had the money when we started talking (I thought) but I am being sprayed with 10,000 peso expenses.

Me brokey. :doh:

There is another 400 E here in town that a guy was selling but it looked pretty rough.

User avatar
Brakelate
Third Gear
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:44 am
Location: UT / AZ Border overlooking Lake Powell

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by Brakelate » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Well Poop. You ever look at those side by side "UTV" type vehicles? I know you are broke and all 8-) but, they have a new RZR 1000 out that looks pretty zooty.

Would be fun, if you could get it street registered like they can here, for warm weather trips around town, some fun off roading, and scratching that racy car itch without much risk of injury like there is associated with the bikes.

They street drive them here (they are limited to secondary type roads) and it looks like a blast. But, I have the Samurai, and it just keeps on kicking ass and taking names. Time for new rubber for it though, as the Super Swamper tires are all dry cracked and having a hard time staying aired up at the ultra low air pressures I run. Too much crud stuck in the beads over the years. They are like 10 years old, and the tread is not even half used, but the sidewalls are toast. Costly, but not a fraction of a new RZR.

I'm looking at another set of bias ply Super Swamper TSL's, Boggers or maybe the Thornbirds, as they are short, but fat and damn near indestructible, even on the rocks.

I'll start a thread with pics and discussion if that project ever really starts to move forward.

jhwalker
Fourth Gear
Posts: 2870
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico

Re: My Garage Door Remote Controls the Weather

Post by jhwalker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Brakelate wrote:Well Poop. You ever look at those side by side "UTV" type vehicles? I know you are broke and all 8-) but, they have a new RZR 1000 out that looks pretty zooty.

Would be fun, if you could get it street registered like they can here, for warm weather trips around town, some fun off roading, and scratching that racy car itch without much risk of injury like there is associated with the bikes.

They street drive them here (they are limited to secondary type roads) and it looks like a blast. But, I have the Samurai, and it just keeps on kicking ass and taking names. Time for new rubber for it though, as the Super Swamper tires are all dry cracked and having a hard time staying aired up at the ultra low air pressures I run. Too much crud stuck in the beads over the years. They are like 10 years old, and the tread is not even half used, but the sidewalls are toast. Costly, but not a fraction of a new RZR.

I'm looking at another set of bias ply Super Swamper TSL's, Boggers or maybe the Thornbirds, as they are short, but fat and damn near indestructible, even on the rocks.

I'll start a thread with pics and discussion if that project ever really starts to move forward.

Post Reply

Return to “LA Speed Garage Discussions and Announcements”