2015 Mustang GT - LINE LOCK factory installed

This is the forum to discuss Ford's high performance SVT vehicle line and other Ford Vehicles.
SVTRonDogg
First Gear

2015 Mustang GT - LINE LOCK factory installed

Post by SVTRonDogg »

So this was announced this weekend over the Mustang 50th Anniversary events, blows my mind that Ford would throw this in any car.

phpBB [video]

http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/201 ... line-lock/

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Cobra
GT500
Focus ST

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Re: 2015 Mustang GT - LINE LOCK factory installed

Post by jhwalker »

I'm also :clap: :clap: but also trying to make sense of

"“Whether a customer wants to take weekend road trips, go road racing or compete in grassroots drag racing, we aim to maximize the driving experience for everyone,” said Pericak. “Mustang offers selectable drive modes for those who prefer to compete on road courses or in autocross events, so when we realized we could provide a really cool feature like electronic line-lock that no one else offers, the decision was easy – ‘Let’s do it!’”

According to Ford, the electronic line-lock for 2015 Mustang GT is intended for use only on racetracks. Racing your vehicle will void your warranty. ( :doh: )

The line lock system is reportedly easy to use and operates through the Track Apps option, but beware, excessive burnouts may cause premature tire wear!

:lol:

But I still think it is cool...

SonicVenum
Second Gear

Post by SonicVenum »

They also come with an adjustable rpm launch control. That's a nice combo to have. Though, I think the highest you can set it is 5200 rpm or so.

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

Has anyone seen an advertisement showing the 2015 smoking them up? Remember the Terminator ad that showed a really smoky burnout?

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

Too bad all my Mustangs didn't have this feature so that I could do burnouts and heat up my tires. I bet that I would have gone quicker if I had that feature since we all know that it would be impossible to just do a burnout without a nannie to assist. But, one has to seriously question the existence of a built in feature that is really only useful for racing, but which the use of will void the warranty.

And, they must have increased the HP of the 2015, 5.0, a lot, since mine would never be able to spin its tires like that!

Return to “Ford and SVT”