How to embed videos here

The Supermodels of the car world. High performance, high maintenance and high price tag but oh so worth it.

Re: How to embed videos here

Postby Tetge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:50 am

It seems that the software wants the video put up as the first or perhaps only entry in the post. When I hit the video button and only showed the youtube link with no other text it worked.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby Tetge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:54 am

I went back and checked and I inserted the link in the wrong spot the time it didn't work. I edited it so the [video] showed on each end of the link and then it worked. I initially had [video, and then the link, followed by ][video], which, of course, did not work. So, one has to be careful. But, it is good.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby xjrguy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:56 am

Tetge wrote:I went back and checked and I inserted the link in the wrong spot the time it didn't work. I edited it so the [video] showed on each end of the link and then it worked. I initially had [video, and then the link, followed by ][video], which, of course, did not work. So, one has to be careful. But, it is good.

Hi,

This is how the embedding works:

[video]the pasted link has to be in here[/video]
2015 Prius Five
2016 Challenger Hellcat
2016 Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited AEV Upgrades
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe 460/C6
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS with some farkles
xjrguy
Site Admin

Postby Tetge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 am

xjrguy wrote:
Tetge wrote:I went back and checked and I inserted the link in the wrong spot the time it didn't work. I edited it so the [video] showed on each end of the link and then it worked. I initially had [video, and then the link, followed by ][video], which, of course, did not work. So, one has to be careful. But, it is good.

Hi,

This is how the embedding works:

[video]the pasted link has to be in here[/video]

Yes, and, when you click the video button the cursor seems to be in the correct position so that if you paste it will come out correctly. But, in spite of that, I managed to paste the url incorrectly. Who knows how? Perhaps it was those Margaritas?
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Postby the1904kid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:51 am

Cool! now I need to get a new GoPro since I lost mine in the desert. I have been missing out on a lot of good crash footage! :oops: :cry:
2006 CRF450R Supermoto
2004 CRF450R Dirt/Desert Machine
2007 DRZ400SM Streetard
the1904kid
Noob

Previous

Return to Exotics