Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby Tetge » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:14 pm

jhwalker wrote:Hey, thanks!!! :clap: my balance is not so great. I'm using the trampoline and have hit the car flying into/onto it. :lol:


Freud might say that you bounce into the car because you miss the pain that you previously could induce by running or riding a bicycle or falling over on a motorcycle, or with a go kart (where is Brakelate with THE photo). I can't help you out other than trying to generate a little mental pain. But, in truth, there are some serious stability wheels out there that might actually work for training purposes as I assume that you need a sign off from your spouse and other members of your care team before they will cut you loose on two wheels. So, I was just partially messing with you, because, as all know, I am not prone to being insensitive or rude or mean spirited at all, so it is unthinkable that I would ever prod you. And, not only can you ask anyone to verify what I say, you can trust me, since I also never exaggerate or put a spin on anything.

Now off to work on getting the turbo to work on the KTM.
User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby jhwalker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Tetge wrote:
jhwalker wrote:Hey, thanks!!! :clap: my balance is not so great. I'm using the trampoline and have hit the car flying into/onto it. :lol:


Freud might say that you bounce into the car because you miss the pain that you previously could induce by running or riding a bicycle or falling over on a motorcycle, or with a go kart (where is Brakelate with THE photo). I can't help you out other than trying to generate a little mental pain. But, in truth, there are some serious stability wheels out there that might actually work for training purposes as I assume that you need a sign off from your spouse and other members of your care team before they will cut you loose on two wheels. So, I was just partially messing with you, because, as all know, I am not prone to being insensitive or rude or mean spirited at all, so it is unthinkable that I would ever prod you. And, not only can you ask anyone to verify what I say, you can trust me, since I also never exaggerate or put a spin on anything.

Now off to work on getting the turbo to work on the KTM.

riiiiiight :lol:
jhwalker
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby jhwalker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:05 am

It is time to ride the mountain bike in prep for riding the Ducati again. My left arm has some life, in fact my most recent acupuncture session on it hurt like a bitch :cry: Two months ago I felt nothing, so I guess that is progress. :-D We are heading up to SoCal Thursday for more medical poking and prodding, and when I return Ima gonna finally man up and do eet!!! I will report back. 8-)
jhwalker
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby Tetge » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:28 pm

jhwalker wrote:It is time to ride the mountain bike in prep for riding the Ducati again. My left arm has some life, in fact my most recent acupuncture session on it hurt like a bitch :cry: Two months ago I felt nothing, so I guess that is progress. :-D We are heading up to SoCal Thursday for more medical poking and prodding, and when I return Ima gonna finally man up and do eet!!! I will report back. 8-)


If you pay sufficient hush money, I will not tell on you, and, you might get away with it. I mean, of course, get away with riding the mountain bike, as the Ducati would clearly be off limits for a wide variety of reasons. That said. if I see vids of you getting big air on the mountain bike, I might change my stance, as mountain bikes can get more dangerous than a street motorcycle at some point.
User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby jhwalker » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 am

I'll fess up. I fell again in town. The result was cutting the end of one finger and seeing just how much blood squirts out with these blood thinners I take.
It made me a little more cautious about riding the mtn bike. Meow
jhwalker
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby xbacksideslider » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:17 am

Thought of you, Walker, when I was drooling over the Scramblers last Friday at the Ducati/Aprilia/Triumph/Guzzi dealer in Montrose. A friend is looking at swapping out his 675 triple for a 1200 Bonneville. 420 dry, 97 BHP, 80 ft lbs at 2000. :think:
User avatar
xbacksideslider
First Gear
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby jhwalker » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:54 pm

I didn't expect it but the motorcycle crew down here is very active. more to follow. Bike sounds sweet. :clap:
That bike is too much for me. A tricycle is too much right now.
jhwalker
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby jhwalker » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:07 pm

xbacksideslider wrote:Thought of you, Walker, when I was drooling over the Scramblers last Friday at the Ducati/Aprilia/Triumph/Guzzi dealer in Montrose. A friend is looking at swapping out his 675 triple for a 1200 Bonneville. 420 dry, 97 BHP, 80 ft lbs at 2000. :think:


Those thangs air purty. :clap:
jhwalker
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: Central Mexico
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Ducati Scrambler and other things Ducati

Postby Tetge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:10 am

xbacksideslider wrote:Thought of you, Walker, when I was drooling over the Scramblers last Friday at the Ducati/Aprilia/Triumph/Guzzi dealer in Montrose. A friend is looking at swapping out his 675 triple for a 1200 Bonneville. 420 dry, 97 BHP, 80 ft lbs at 2000. :think:


I have no idea why you would be checking out such things when you could simply buy my 690 Duke and have a 350 pound all up weight 62 RWHP monster. I personally can't ride it since I am not skillful enough for such an advanced and sophisticated approach and I am considering trading it in for one of those three wheeled (two in front) 500cc Italian scooters. I am thinking that I could generally handle such a machine, and, it still would be narrow enough to split lanes. The floor boards and weather protection would also be nice...........
User avatar
Tetge
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Previous

Return to Ducati

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron