Slider sighting

Slider sighting

Postby Tetge » Tue May 30, 2017 9:27 am

LA County has about 4058 square miles of area and a population in excess of 10,000,000, yet, my brother called and stated that he ran into Slider at Frazier Park, out in the middle of no where. Slider apparently has been cleared to ride his Norton, but what are the odds of encountering him? When I heard that, I wished that I had made the sacrifice and suited up and taken my KTM out to Frazier to meet my brother, as, my KTM already put Slider's KTM on the trailer from a standing start. Slider insisted on a race, as he apparently doesn't read magazines and did not realize that a 690 Duke with an experienced drag racer would rule. Later, on the same easy ride, he attempted to flee but, his weak KTM was easy to reel in anytime I wished. His Norton, which slayed DR-Z's with its massive displacement and trick mods and big power, would have nothing for a 690 Duke, and, I could have added that to the list.

But, it was nice to hear that Slider was back riding, even though he is a mug.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Re: Slider sighting

Postby xbacksideslider » Tue May 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes . . . . . you were missed; we were talking about your absence.

It would have been fun to chase one of the world's fastest :dance: paint shakers :dance: over Lockwood Valley Road and then back by way of Cerro Noestre.
xbacksideslider
Second Gear

Re: Slider sighting

Postby Tetge » Wed May 31, 2017 5:51 pm

xbacksideslider wrote:Yes . . . . . you were missed; we were talking about your absence.

It would have been fun to chase one of the world's fastest :dance: paint shakers :dance: over Lockwood Valley Road and then back by way of Cerro Noestre.

Lockwood Valley Rd has some long straights, so it can actually be fast in places. But, there is an extended evil section of dubious pavement and odd cambers and tight corners as well. I always have to stop and take deep breathes very few corners as it is too scary for me. On top of that, at some times of the year, it is crowded with deer hunters, who might mistake a motorcycle for a deer after a few beers.....

Not that I know the road personally. I have just heard about it.
Tetge
Fourth Gear

Return to Breakfast Rides