We are buying a new Outback as our Mexico car.

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

We are buying a new Outback as our Mexico car.

Post by jhwalker »

We have beaten the snot out of the 2009 Escape. We like the Subie 8.7 inch travel for our dirt road. I know I could just slow down. 8-) We like its rep for reliability. It is a hair too big for San Miguel, but we don't like the smaller Forester. I like the Crosstrek, but Terri is working(paying), not I. :lol:
Gonna choose engine after 1 final drive.
I have officially moved to Geezerville. :roll: This will NOT be an exciting purchase. It might be the LAST car I ever buy. :whistle: I'm OK with that, have a ton of car memories. Still have 1 more engine upgrade planned for the SPF.
This will be Terri's car, like the MB 500 E was. :doh: i mean :clap:

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Re: We are buying a new Outback as our Mexico car.

Post by Tetge »

My brother's gal got herself a Subie and my brother says it is quite nice and a big upgrade from her VW new Rabbit that had one failure after another beginning when almost new and continuing until it was exchanged for the the Subie, which is boring and comfortable and which does nothing wrong when it comes to reliable.

So, it would seem to be a good choice as ideally vehicles should be selected that fit the environment. And, I bet it has lots of cup holders for your slurpy cup with the straw. I also can relate to buying a last car and/or motorcycle, as I have already done that. It seems that while laying about resting most of the time, attempting to summon up the energy to do survival chores, I have little urge for taking performance machines out and exercising them, so I selected a couple of low powered sensible vehicles to become my final vehicle fleet, as limits on high performance is acceptable to a person who never breaks the speed limit and who never uses full throttle even on his new KTM cruiser bike or his grocery getter cage.

Funny how fate can dictate some changes and how aging impacts choices as well, until we finally become "that person in the Subie " who used to hold us up all the time when we were motoring in a spirited fashion. Now we just try to stay calm as we mutter, "What's the rush you crazy nut". as we observe the vehicle trapped behind us weaving and bobbing in distress due to our measured law abiding and sensible pace. Ironic actually to have come full circle with the passage of time.

In other news, Blake Griffin managed to stub his toe in game 3 with Utah, and, once again, the Clippers lose a key player, or more, right as the play offs begin. It is enough to shake the faith of any fan, but, long term Clipper fans are extremely hardened, so it is a bit disappointing but, it just figures. Also, new ownership has not changed a thing, other than a goofy mascot and lots of flags and banners and happy stuff to amuse the fans. I am now thinking that it would take more than a normal life span for a Clipper fan to ever see the Clipper victorious.

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

Hey man, take your Clipper whining to a Clipper thread... :whistle: :whistle: I'm sure the Clips have an undiscovered star waiting for his chance. Now he has it...

Well, we are all over the place on a new car. Today we decided that having two "'big" cars will not work, so we stopped in Queretaro on the way home from Costco and checked out a new CrossFox. Terri said 'ok' (meow) so we will replace our old crossfox. :lol: Assuming no change in the next 2 weeks.
:roll: :roll:

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

Just checked the Clips score. What the hell? How'd they lose?

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

jhwalker wrote:Just checked the Clips score. What the hell? How'd they lose?
The Clippers are polished losers, and, generally, it is the team effort and weak bench and reliance on three point shots that does them in. But, yesterday it was old (30) Joe Johnson, who went insane and could not miss, who humbled the Clippers, big time. In addition, although I have never been able to get on the Blake Griffin, band wagon, with yet another ill timed injury (not his obvious fault, but, some players seem to get hurt more) and Austin Rivers out still, getting production sufficient to play Utah, who is very disciplined, is not easy. This also appears to be a case where two teams with identical season win loss records, are also very close when it comes to final scores in playoff games.

But, it doesn't matter because Cleveland and the Warriors appear to be a good step above both Utah and the Clippers. A long close series may be as good as either team gets it, this year. So, the Clippers stay true to their image.

xbacksideslider
Second Gear

Post by xbacksideslider »

How bout them Dodgers?

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

I briefly looked in on both LA pro basketball teams during the pre season, and they both are now loaded with talent. I also thought that LeBron was old and done, but, he made some moves in a pre season game that left me wondering about that. It might be an interesting year for pro basketball in LA, but, we already know that the Clippers will not win the championship, as traditions have to be honored.

Return to “Subaru”