What is your experience with domestic sports cars, eg Mustang, Corvette etc?

Frencesco

Post by Frencesco »

I used to stay away from domestic because of so many reliability problems I heard about. But nowadays the build quality on Fords and Chevy have improved a lot and I am sick of paying for overpriced imports. A full loaded Ford Mustang with 300bhp goes for around $30K. It can beat the crap out of an Infiniti G35 which cost almost double as much. The C6 Vette is a super car for around $70K that puts some Ferrari's to shame costing $200K or more. What is your experience?

chrisnewcars

Post by chrisnewcars »

Wow I wish all my customers had your attitude. I sell Fords and Chrysler. It is so hard to compete against VW, BMW and Merc's. The 2007 Mustang GT with the CA Pkg is the nuts though. I would certainly buy one.

L D

Post by L D »

I don't like cars, especially sports cars.... what good are they? So they can go fast but we all have to abide by the speed limit laws so why pay that extra money for them?

LuvPinkPuffies

Post by LuvPinkPuffies »

We had a 69' Stingray Corvette, with a modified 427, and a lot of other special stuff. Lot's of noise too, and the neighbors loved it.

But once I drove a 911, it was a revelation on just how bad the Corvette was.

The 911 does everything extremely well in spades. Comparing a Ferrari or Porsche to a vette is like comparing Prime Rib to a Big Mac.
To the person who can afford the prime-rib, they don't even consider the Big mac. To the one who can only afford the Big-Mac, the Prime-Rib looks like a bad deal.

My friend recently traded his Z06 in for a 911. Reason? He said he didn't live on a race-track, but had to drive in the real world, and the noise, vibration, harshness of the car was too much for him. The shifting from 1st to 4th was another thing that PO'ed him. The interior of the car was also not up to speck on something costing 70K

Look at it this way...I can buy a $20 Seiko that keeps just as good time as a $10K Rolex. But ask the person who dives professionally what the difference is when your life is banking on it?

John Oates

Post by John Oates »

yea, that's pretty much how it is now. american cars will smoke the imports. i'm not sure about ford's reliability, but GM's has def. improved greatly.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I bought an 01 mustang gt from a gentlemen that was getting a divorce for $12,500. I added a kenne bell twin screw supercharger at about a cost of $5,600 (with installation). The car is an automatic with 20k on it. The car ran a 13.9 with an exhaust, it now runs mid 12's. Around town you would never know it's on the car unless you put it into boost. It also doesn't affect my gas mileage. It eats most imports, vettes, and cobras all day long. My total investment-about $18,000. Need I say more. Even a used C5 with a paxton supercharger makes sick amounts of power. Don't go with the new Mustangs unless you are all about the new body style as they are still not as easy as a 94-04 to obtain at a good price. Good luck

tommy44432

Post by tommy44432 »

A Mustang is not a sports car and today's Corvette isn't what I'd call a true sports car either but different strokes for different folks. If you got the cash buy the Vette. If you want value for your money buy the Mustang. But please quit calling either of them a "sports car".

Return to “Corvette”