Frasier Park Sunday - BSA Owners Club

Brakelate
Third Gear

Re: Frasier Park Sunday - BSA Owners Club

Post by Brakelate »

Bogus! EVERYONE knows a Hayabusa is the fastest / quickest and absolutely all around overall dominating machine ever to roll out on two wheels.

Ask any kid in the grandstands, seasoned rider in a Tehachapi Gas Stop or Gal on a 600... The ZX-12R is merely a 600 with false advertising on it's fairing lowers.

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

Brakelate wrote:Bogus! EVERYONE knows a Hayabusa is the fastest / quickest and absolutely all around overall dominating machine ever to roll out on two wheels.

Ask any kid in the grandstands, seasoned rider in a Tehachapi Gas Stop or Gal on a 600... The ZX-12R is merely a 600 with false advertising on it's fairing lowers.
Now, this is more like traditional Brakelate misdirection and backtracking from the truth. But, video don't lie, and, since you were always out front, I have tons of it. I also have video of other front runners such as Mike and Lisa and xbacksideslider, and many others that I rode with when I had a GoPro running. In truth, I got passed and dropped so often that I didn't even feel the burn after awhile as I had to accept that i was in a lower tier as a rider than the fast guys and gals. I also lost a lot of drag races to the crew as well. Why, I even lost to a couple of different sonic blue Terminators, and to at least one black one and a grey one, as well. And the ZR-12R was designed by Kawasaki to be a Busa killer, which it was as Kawasaki knows how to make HP. The only legit thing that you said was that the ZR-12R was the biggest sleeper of all time, as it was apparent that few people knew about its massively tailored Busa killing performance, including me. But, I soon found out as I watched it pull by at 150+ and go airborne for at least 100' over a small rise in the road. I was still getting over the power wheelies that it was pulling when that happened and, I ended up having to admit that the Busa's performance claims were all hype, and the Busa was actually a mild cruiser that had no game compared to a ZR-12R. But, it turned out OK, because the Busa was soft and mellow and suited my slow and cautious riding style, while the Kawasaki was a hard edged expert's tool that I could never have been able to use to its potential. I would have clicked off the throttle when it viciously came on the cam with the ram air effectively supercharging it.

xbacksideslider
Second Gear

Post by xbacksideslider »

Hmmmmm . . . . should I disbelieve my own eyes?

I was there, slitherin and slidin, trying to hang onto Brakelate during the many times when we tried to chase Tetge. Yes, sometimes Tetge, being the kind old fatherly type, would let the kids win. I would be able to show all how this is so but I don't do GoPro since it is evidence and being what I am, I worry about evidence. And Tetge should so worry too since all that evidence puts the lie to tale he tells. :dance:

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

xbacksideslider wrote:Hmmmmm . . . . should I disbelieve my own eyes?

I was there, slitherin and slidin, trying to hang onto Brakelate during the many times when we tried to chase Tetge. Yes, sometimes Tetge, being the kind old fatherly type, would let the kids win. I would be able to show all how this is so but I don't do GoPro since it is evidence and being what I am, I worry about evidence. And Tetge should so worry too since all that evidence puts the lie to tale he tells. :dance:
It is apparent that you are a member of Brakelate's conspiracy. I suppose that the video that debunks all these falsehoods, that I have put off creating due to the immense amount of work involved, and the small audience that it would be addressed to, must be created. With basketball playoffs ended, no exciting golf to watch, and endless blistering 100* + days upon me, I suppose that creating the video might be a good hobby project. Also, reviewing hours of unedited raw video brings back memories of my relative youth as I look at old videos of those riders of yore who were always running off and leaving me in their dust. Some of these riders will always go to or near the front in any ride, and certainly Brakelate and xbacksideslider are such riders, as video will prove. And, we all know that mikedbike2002 is a certified ride leader who is darned near impossible to pass. There are others, but, never me.

So, I will start the project today. And, in a year or so, I should have a video that will validate my statements, to upload to youtube. What good are video records if they can not be used as evidence, since video never lies? It appears, that as with whistle blowers, I am being forced to expose the truth about things.

BTW: As with Brakelate, part of what xbacksideslider says is true. He rides so quickly that he indeed does slither and slide around at times. And, of course, this almost doesn't need to be proved if you look at his screen name as the "x" may be a bit misleading, unless you are aware that no one can ride the backside anymore as it is closed. But, they can still slide and slither.

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

So, I started to look at early video and. I found that I had been passed by this (see pic). Brakelate was on that ride, passing and pulling wheeliesm etc., but I expected him to pass me, as he always did. But, a 1960's Triumph Daytona with a rider with rabbit ears? Oh, the shame of it all..... I had to stop for the day and take up drinking.
Attachments
Tim_01.JPG

xbacksideslider
Second Gear

Post by xbacksideslider »

Actually, that pic is of YOU passing the rabbit Triumph, not the other way round.

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

xbacksideslider wrote:Actually, that pic is of YOU passing the rabbit Triumph, not the other way round.
I was politely following, not passing, the Triumph as it was a group ride. But, we had been to the gate across the Old Ridge Route that day and Brakelate was there on his DR-Z, and we were heading back to civilization, or the Rock Inn, at least. Which ultimately led to what is still called the Triumph/DR-Z triple ton sandwich, on a long downhill straight, with a tail wind. As usual the GoPro was not deployed to capture that epic moment, but the three of us sometimes laugh about it. But, as was discovered later that evening the Triumph shook the filament out of its headlight, as it can do the ton, but, it shakes something fierce when pushed that hard. And, we know this as Brakelate, rode the Triumph over to my house from the Cantina, after dark, later that day, since the owner of the Triumph came down with a sudden case of the flu, yes, that is what it was, the flu, at the Cantina. As I recall, the flu finally went away after the Triumph owner, sans his rabbit ears, did some snow angels on my lawn with Brakelate's wife, who it seems, also had contracted the same flu at the same Mexican restaurant, where we all were. It seems that the flu made them both so giddy that we threw them out of the house. Funny, because all we had to drink were a lot of these sort of white colored soda pops, with salt on the rims of the big glasses. And, that shouldn't have made them light headed and giddy.

Anyway, I looked at the video from that ride 5.5 years ago, and made notes since I was passed many times and Brakelate pulled numerous wheelies. So, the compilation has begun.

Brakelate
Third Gear

Post by Brakelate »

I can hardly wait. :roll:

Thruxton71
Noob

Post by Thruxton71 »

You are all 'MUGS' and I have no recollection of the ride, nor of Brakelate riding my Triumph back from the Cantina surrounded by vehicles with lights.

tim.

Return to “Breakfast Rides”