Oops. I have a fractured vertebrae.

Here is the forum to discuss all things non automotive. Suggestions for subforums are welcome!
SonicVenum
Second Gear

Re: Oops. I have a fractured vertebrae.

Post by SonicVenum »

:shock: :barf:

Brakelate
Third Gear

Post by Brakelate »

:shock:

What the hell is THAT?

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

Brakelate wrote::shock:

What the hell is THAT?
It USED to be my back. It is the chunk of meat under the little mole that had become cancerous. The doc said if not caught this early they would have taken a "big" chunk. :doh: In the open it looks sort of like a BIG shrimp. I have 8 days for it to heal before starting the trip with the non-assist steering, fat-tired SPF on that 3000 mile trip. :whistle:

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

He said no alcohol while on the antibiotics. I said NFW. The dialog -- 7 days,3 days,5 days, and we settled on 4 days. That's a can-do. 8-)

03_SONIC_BLUR
First Gear

Post by 03_SONIC_BLUR »

SonicVenum wrote::shock: :barf:
X1,000,000

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

There are actually only 6 stitches covering about 4 inches sewing that hole up. It feels pretty good, I am forcing myself to not exercise today.

No more pics :lol:

Tetge
Fourth Gear

Post by Tetge »

I hope that when I get to be as old as you are now, I will be sensible and cautious and not a crazed risk taker! And, thanks for the picture. Now I have to go drink some more gin just to dull the impact. As for antibiotics, I find them a good excuse to stop drinking for 10 days, which is the usual time for the amount that I have been given. I couldn't buy a drink while incarcerated at the home for 15 days, and, I survived, no problem, although it would have certainly helped to be drunk all the time while doing time.

I shall have to stay tuned to see how you latest insanity concerning driving all states of the union comes out. Could be an interesting read.

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

Tetge wrote:I hope that when I get to be as old as you are now, I will be sensible and cautious and not a crazed risk taker! And, thanks for the picture. Now I have to go drink some more gin just to dull the impact. As for antibiotics, I find them a good excuse to stop drinking for 10 days, which is the usual time for the amount that I have been given. I couldn't buy a drink while incarcerated at the home for 15 days, and, I survived, no problem, although it would have certainly helped to be drunk all the time while doing time.

I shall have to stay tuned to see how you latest insanity concerning driving all states of the union comes out. Could be an interesting read.
My antibiotics are for 5 days, and then I'm supposed to wait two days for them to clear. Fat chance... :lol:

I'm being a complete meow to try to let this cut heal on up this week. I have always healed quickly, but I worry a little about the steering on the pig I mean SPF... I should be hitting the road ONE week from today in a couple of hours. Going to stay off the Ducati until Wednesday. We continue to get these torrential downpours, and yesterday parts of the clay road were covered edge to edge with water. I may take the camera today, but the sun is out and this stuff dries up so quickly -- it will not be as impressive. Our mountain is leaking water from the usual suspect leak points.

It feels pretty good to be off the hooch for a couple of days. I may take a break once a year (or once every 5 years...)

I'm pretty revved up about the trip. Terri and I were skyping the grandson last night and Adam (good son that he is) was cleaning up a couple of things on the wiring on the SPF.

Return to “General Discussions Unrelated to Cars and Motorsports”