Cadillac !!!!!

Discuss GM and subsidiaries in here. Home of the exciting Corvette, Camaro, Firebird and Pontiac GTO.
jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Cadillac !!!!!

Post by jhwalker »

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/cadillac ... v8-engine/

It is hard to not appreciate this engine if you like really complicated stuff like I do :-D

xbacksideslider
Second Gear

Re: Cadillac !!!!!

Post by xbacksideslider »

4.2 four cam 32 valve V8, reverse flow, exhaust in the Vee dumping into two twin scroll turbos, 20 PSI with 1 PSI pressure loss through twin air/water intercoolers

Complexly awesome.

Only problem I see - no way to upsize the turbo frames

SonicVenum
Second Gear

Post by SonicVenum »

Hot damn! It's a good looking car too. $90k doesn't seem too unreasonable if it has a boat load of bells & whistles to go with that fancy engine.

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

I try to envision the pitch meeting. "we need this engine because...". Why 4.2 and not 4.6 ? like another engine we know well. A cool toy. 90% peak (627 ft lbs) torque at 2000 rpm. (!)

xbacksideslider
Second Gear

Post by xbacksideslider »

That peak at that RPM says small turbos with small frames to fit in the Vee, custom units for Cadillac too. Upshot, not much room in those frames for bigger wheels and no larger frame available. That said, lots of good stuff in there.

SonicVenum
Second Gear

Post by SonicVenum »

I know we all like to monkey around with stuff to make it faster, but that system sounds complex enough that I wouldn't want to mess with it.

jhwalker
Fifth Gear

Post by jhwalker »

SonicVenum wrote:I know we all like to monkey around with stuff to make it faster, but that system sounds complex enough that I wouldn't want to mess with it.
Agree. What else is there to do to it?

I've been squirreling away nickels and dimes to tinker with the engine in the SPF. The boss might not give project approval, and might even be pissed when she sees how much I've stashed away. :dance:
But the Bible says, 'man can not live by 600+ rwhp alone'... We are still planning a Hastings NE to Conway Arkansas drive this summer in the SPF, and if I'm feeling OK then pushing on over to Florida. WTH, can't dance... Ihave this goal of driving the SPF (which I've owned almost 13 years now :clap: ) into every state. I have the NorthWest, Southwest, MidWest and a bunch of the Northeast covered, and went into Canada -- but no SouthEast. Time is running out.

Return to “General Motors”